Monday, October 16, 2006

Fun with Swords


My son has been pirate crazy lately, and this has only added to his interest in swords. He uses the bean pods from the neighbors catalpa tree as swords. Finally, when he started making swords out of Legos, only to have them fall apart on the first swoop through the air, I decided I needed to make him a small, safe, wooden sword. About an hour later, I was done, complete with an 'X' (his initial) burned in one side. It certiainly isn't an example of fine woodworking artistry, but it is sturdy and functional. That same day, my wife made him a belt with a magnetic closure and a loop to hold a sword - and with that, he was ready for follow in Captain Jack Sparrow's footsteps!

(I took the above picture with my new camera phone.) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home